What do you think are the 7 habits of successful people? What do you think they think about most of the time and how do they think about it? Isn’t everything in life just a test? Successful people set the test and it’s up to them whether they pass or not? Successful people view life as a series of tests and they know that all they have to do is keep passing the tests to keep going to a higher level.
People who are successful think differently from unsuccessful people. People who are successful expect to be successful. The operative word is “expect.” You get what you expect. Most unsuccessful people always have an excuse why they are not successful.
Unsuccessful People’s Excuse List
- To tall
- To short
- To skinny
- To fat
- To busy
- No money
- Color of my skin
- People won’t like me
- I could never do that
- That’s not for me
- I’m just not a salesman
- I’m scared to speak in public
- That’s to hard
- That’s to hard to learn
- I could never see myself doing that
- And on and on…
Consider this, successful people don’t make excuses. They go after what they want, they will give it a shot. To become successful in life you must understand that failure comes with the territory. You will make mistakes. There will be ups and downs. At times, you will be afraid. But as the saying goes, “you’ve got to be in it to win it.”
To those who are reading this who are over 40, “If you knew what you know now at 20 how different do you think your life would be now?” I would dare to venture to say that most would say light years ahead. Once we’ve gotten past all the dumb stuff that holds us back that is when we begin to flourish.
Life Is Not That Complicated
Unfortunately the vast majority of people like to complicate life but most of the time it’s quite simple. If you go through life being optimistic your success level will be high and on the other hand if you go through life a pessimist your success level will be low.
Your biggest test right now is right before you. It is to teach you a lesson you must learn to be successful in the future. People who are optimistic about their futures believe they will be great. They believe that the greatest moments of their life are coming.
From The Outer World Comes From What’s In The Inner World
Success people understand that we make our world by the way we think and act. Our outer world is consistent with our inner world. You perform on the outside how the way you see yourself on the inside now! The picture you feed your mind will be repeated in reality. To be the best of who you are watch your mental diet.
Most go through life oblivious to the fact that there are rules to success. They see someone who is successful and they assume their just lucky. Yet there is so much they do not see that goes on behind the scenes. Here are 7 habits of successful people that they use to break the non-success habit.
7 Habits Of Successful People
1) Dream Big Dreams: Make a dream list and imagine no limitations. Imagine what you want and what it would feel like if you obtained it. Get clarity! As you imagine your dream see it getting clearer and clearer.
Now that you can see it go out and accomplish it. Anything great in life can be accomplished one step at a time. Believe you have what it takes already on the inside of you to get it done. Doubt is the killer of all great dreams.
2) Develop a Clear Sense of Direction: You develop your clear sense of direction through goals. Decide exactly what you want. Write it down. There is a school of thought that says write your goals out every day and there is another school of thought that says you should read them aloud upon rising in the morning and before you go to bed at night. I say do them both!
3) Set a Deadline: You must set a target date when you will reach your goal. Break it down into little sub deadlines up until the big target date. The more you focus on the urgency of getting it done by your target date the more it comes into reality.
4) Make a List: Make a list of everything you need to do to accomplish your goal. Some things could be monetary, or training, or possibly a mentor, etc… Leave nothing to chance. The more comprehensive your list is the better.
5) Have a Plan: Organize your list in the steps you need to take to succeed. Write out each action step. Set a date of accomplishment for each step. Keep your plan with you at all times. Keep it constantly before you to ensure you’re maximizing your time.
6) Take Action: This is the hardest one of all. You can have the best laid plans but without action they’re just pipe dreams. Most get stuck right here. This is either where fear or procrastination (another form of fear) sets in. Every journey starts with a single step. Just make the first and you will see that every step afterwards gets easier and easier.
7) Do Something Every Day: Do something every day to get closer to your goal. If you will just do something every day toward your goal you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. There is a saying that goes “how do you eat an elephant; one little piece at a time.” And that is all you need to do to accomplish your wildest dreams just take a little bite out of it every day and soon you will see it done.
There you have it these are some of the habits of highly successful people. Incidentally it’s nothing to complicated. There is nothing on the that list you cannot do. We tend to think that successful people know the mysteries to success. What they know is that there are steps to success and success leaves clues.
Are you up to the test? Life’s little tests will be before us every day and whether we end up an A student or F student is really up to us. Examining the way you think and what you think about. Use these 7 steps in your life to accomplish something you’ve been dreaming about for awhile now. You don’t have to see the whole staircase to take the first step.